John Boorman Scholarship Award
To mark the launch of the Irish Film school we are offering full tuition scholarships this Autumn.
There are five scholarships available. Successful candidates will be awarded free tuition on one of the five filmmaking courses that the IFS will be delivering in both Dublin and in London in the Autumn of 2018 and Spring of 2019 and in Beijing in the Spring/Summer of 2019.
3 Step Application
There are three steps to making a formal application for a scholarship: -
Please submit an example of your filmmaking work (this can be a film of any length or genre).
- This film may be shown on our new YouTube channel so you will be asked to sign a consent form allowing us to show your film.
If you are a screen writer and do not have a film to submit please submit a screen play that you have authored.
Step 2 (for both categories of applicant)
Please submit a 1000-word essay on why you would like to study at the IFS.
- Please include details of your interest or career in film to date and an image of yourself. Alternatively, if you are starting out in the industry please let us know what has inspired you to do so.
- Please state (in order of preference) which course you would like to attend – e.g. 1. VFX, 2. Filmmaking. 3. Business of Film 4. Smart Filmmaking 5. Film & TV Production
- Please also state your preferred date and location: Dublin 2018/2019, London 2018/2019, or Beijing 2019.
- We may publish some of this content on our social media pages and blog so you will also be asked to sign a consent form giving us permission to use your image and/or words.
- The deadline for your submission is 5pm on Friday August 10th, 2018
- Submissions will be judged by John Boorman, Roger Corman, Tom Kane, DNEG and Kieran Corrigan.
- Candidates will be emailed feedback on their film submissions and, if they are successful, an invitation with a date to come to study at IFS.
Please get in touch if you have any queries at all and we look forward to receiving your application shortly!
Join Our Online Community
Please join our online community and let us know what you are getting up to in the world of film! Please use the hashtag #KickItOpen to stay in touch!
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter