We have an exciting line up of instructors for our short filmmaking courses. Our film & TV courses will be run by our UK sister school, the London Film Institute in May 2019. The programme will be based at Waterloo Creative Studio in the cultural heart of London and we look forward to welcoming our student cohorts very shortly.
We are thrilled to announce that we will running our London courses in conjunction with film industry leaders. They include:
- Academy-Award nominee director John Boorman
- Academy-Award winners VFX House DNEG
- Academy-Award winner cinematographer Philippe Rousselot
- Casting Director Jina Jay of Jina Jay Casting
- Award-winning actress & director, Lia Williams
- Top UK film financier Great Point Media
3 Short Film & TV Courses
The London Film Institute will launch with 3 short courses.
- VFX with Academy-Award winning VFX House DNEG (Saturday May 18)
- This 1-day taster course will introduce you to how a VFX shot is created from inception to final composite, covering pre-production, shoot and post-production stages and includes a hands-on session with a digital stills camera.
- Filmmaking with John Boorman (Monday May 20 to Friday May 24)
- This practical, hands-on, immersive 5-day course in directing and contemporary filmmaking will bring you through the creative process of filmmaking from script to screen.
- You will learn the art of screenwriting, storyboarding, scheduling, casting, directing, lighting, camera work, sound recording and digital editing.
- At the end of this course you will have the necessary skills to make a short film for your business or for pleasure and will have made a short film to take away for your showreel or portfolio.
3. Business of Film with Great Point Media (Wednesday May 22)
- This intensive course in the Business of Film will give you an overview of the business of the film industry from start to finish.
- You will be given an overview of emerging international legal and financial issues, taxation and tax relief and production insurance.
- You will also explore financing sources, as well as sales and distribution issues and strategies.
We still have limited places available on all courses. Fees include all tuition, course materials, lunches, networking events and refreshments.